Monday, July 5, 2010

Dropping Veggie Knowledge



So, the other day, during a routine procrastination check of the site meter, I had to do a double take when I noticed our daily hit count for June 21 was listed at an eye-popping 588 (it's usually around 70-80 per day). Conducting some basic cyber sleuthing, I tracked the sudden spike back to the online intellectual gymnasium known as Mental Floss (also in print!). Turns out that the topic of Monday's fun fact quiz was Obscure Veggies, and the final question borrows a mysterious veg photo from our very own WV Quiz the Third. I freely admit that I only answered 7 of 9 questions correctly, but that I did at least get that last one right. If I had known it all, I might have been forced to question the need for further weird vegetable research via this self-educational vehicle (aka blog).

Take a shot at flossing your mind and check out how many green bits you can get from between your folds of gray matter.

And here are our own WV quizzes I and II.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's just how i found you-but stoked to see you're across the bay from me! i admit i took a wild guess on the radish but luckily i got it correct.

kale daikon said...

hurrah! We should have an avocado-weird vegetable meeting of the minds a-go-go upon my return to the Bay.